Thursday, December 3, 2009

The Iron Bowl

We did it again! Alabama beat Auburn in the Iron Bowl!! This is a big deal to Bama fans because Auburn is our rival team. It's also a big deal because my neighbor is an Auburn fan and we like to rub it in each others faces when our team wins.

My neighbor started the tradition (here I go again with traditions) 5 years ago when Auburn beat Alabama and I woke up to find a stuffed Tiger on my car. You can read about the last years "prank" here.

This year I taunted my neighbor with yard signs I bought at Home Depot (I vow to be more creative next year when we win!). I wrote Roll Tide Roll on one side and the score on the other and stuck them in her yard Sunday night. Ideally, I would have loved to fill her whole yard with signs but at $4 a sign I whittled it down to 3...but I got my point across!!

Now, we wait anxiously for Saturday's game against Florida (she types while biting her nails)!


4 comments:

  1. I would love to see your neighbors face when they wake up and glance out their front window! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's hilarious! Hubby and I are Alabama fans. Our friend Joey just got a teaching job there & moves Dec 15th. He's a history prof. We are also big LSU/Southern Miss fans. Hubs went to LSU and Southern Miss. Living in Houston who do you support Aggie's or Longhorns?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be thinkin' of you on Saturday afternoon. GO GATORS!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo-hoo! I'm excited about Saturday, but my hopes aren't too high. At least three of us in this house will be shouting Roll Tide!! : )

    ReplyDelete