Monday, October 27, 2008

I have laid my eggs

Today was my egg retrieval. I was a little nervous last night, but the prescribed valium helped calm my nerves. I awoke at 6 am (this never happens), threw on some sweats, grabbed the muffins that I bought for the office that would be sticking a needle into my crotch and headed to the Dr. with Joe by my side.

I love everyone at the office and the anesthesiologist was just as warm and comforting. After a few pokes with the IV needle (damn my veins), I started to feel loopy and next thing I knew I was awake and everything was done! 10 eggs were retrieved, which is apparently above average, and now I wait for the update on their progress tomorrow. The scheduled transfer is Saturday the 1st.

3 comments:

  1. Ok... I feel great about this!! TEN EGGS!!! GREAT!!! I only had two the first time and then five the second time. You are an egg making machine! I wish you and Joe the best. You both deserve this so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck!! Fingers crossed for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ten Eggs.... that sounds really good. I'm praying this time works. It is definitely your turn to be a mommy.

    Very sweet of you to bring the office staff muffins.

    ReplyDelete