Saturday, July 12, 2008

HOLY CRAP!!!!



Well, this is it...the drugs I will be taking for the next few months! I am overwhelmed. Joe and I stood in the kitchen unwrapping everything from it's insulated packaging, looking confused and a little freaked out. Joe preceded to immediately break down every drug, trying find the needle that corresponds, finding what needs to be refrigerated, reading all of the paperwork....all while I pretended to listen to him but was secretly losing my cool in my head. I am the girl that goes to get blood and can't look....I don't like needles. It does seem as if I will be getting very used to them. I will start my first shot tomorrow.

Now, something interesting about all of these drugs: My co-pay was $240. I asked what the full price was, thinking that I was paying alot, and was told that the insurance company paid $3000!!!! You have no idea how grateful I am to Kraft Foods for caring enough to include fertility treatment coverage in their employees policies. Only a handful of companies even bother to include any coverage and Kraft Foods has provided a plan that will save us about $8,000+!!! Thanks Kraft!!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh My Lanta... that's a ton of medicine!!! That's awesome that your company paid for so much of it! Corporations have the BEST insurance.

    Happy Vacay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had these moments looking at all the drugs is very overwhelming!! I put the ones I don't need away and just leave out the ones I do need now.

    Good luck with this cycle. I'm sending lots of hope your way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comment on my blog. Your vacation looks like so much fun - great pics! I'm so impressed with your insurance coverage - that ROCKS that they paid so much. (I'm usually a big poo-pooer of insurance companies, but yours sounds OK!)

    Best of luck with this round of IVF. I'll be following along and rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete